Get organized for Christmas with this Christmas planning checklist based on the Christmas Countdown organizing plan by Cynthia Townley Ewer:
- Collect decor ideas and add them to the Christmas planner.
- Plan holiday decorating--interior and exterior--and schedule decorating sessions on the holiday calendar.
- Inspect and inventory holiday decorations. Add needed or replacement items to the shopping list.
- If using live tree, order or shop for Christmas tree.
- Decorate interior.
- Decorate exterior.
- Decorate Christmas tree.
- After the season, take down decorations. Use decor storage inventory to record location of decor items in storage areas.
- Stock up on replacement bulbs, light strands and decor items at post-holiday sales.