Christmas Checklist: Plan A Holiday Party
Get organized for Christmas with this Christmas planning checklist based on the Christmas Countdown organizing plan by Cynthia Townley Ewer:
- Using a party planner page, decide on the date, theme and focus of the holiday party. Add the date to the holiday calendar.
- Set a party budget. Use a Party Budget planner to estimate costs.
- Make a party guest list.
- Invite guests. Track RSVPs on the guest list.
- Review recipes for party food, and plan party menu. Use familiar recipes to avoid culinary surprises.
- Plan decorations. Purchase or make any needed centerpieces or decorations, candles or linens.
- Select music. Create playlists on a computer or media player for party use.
- One week before the party, clean house. Focus on public areas, the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Two days before the party, begin preparing food. Decorate the house and set any tables ahead of time.
- Block out several hours on the day of the party to relax and prepare. Enjoy your event!
- Clean up after the party--and enjoy the "thank you!" phone calls from your guests.
- After the party, debrief. Note successes and shortfalls on the party planner form. It'll guide your next event