Christmas Checklist: Menu Planning for Holiday Meals
Get organized for Christmas with this Christmas planning checklist based on the Christmas Countdown organizing plan by Cynthia Townley Ewer:
- Consult with family members to plan holiday meal locations.
- If you'll host a holiday meal, enter details on the family calendar.
- Review recipes, or research new ones.
- Print a holiday menu planner form for each holiday meal. Decide on main dishes, side dishes and desserts. Note location of recipes needed.
- Contact family members to delegate menu items.
- Make a list of ingredients needed on the holiday menu planner. Check the pantry or food storage, then make a shopping list for items to buy.
- Order poultry or special roast needed for holiday meals.
- Buy holiday meal staples during the pre-Thanksgiving supermarket sales.
- If using a frozen turkey, defrost in refrigerator 3 to 4 days before needed.
- Set the table 2 or 3 days ahead of time. Note contents of serving dishes on sticky notes.
- Prepare the meal. Enjoy!