Christmas Checklist: Plan Holiday Baking
Get organized for Christmas with this Christmas planning checklist based on the Christmas Countdown organizing plan by Cynthia Townley Ewer:
- List holiday baked goods to make and give. Estimate number of baked items needed for the season.
- Review recipes and research new ones.
- Use a baking planner form to list each recipe or item, ingredients needed and number of batches.
- Check food storage or pantry for ingredients. Start a shopping list for needed items.
- Purchase baking staples during the pre-Thanksgiving supermarket sales.
- Schedule baking sessions on the holiday calendar.
- Bake, bake, bake! Store completed items in the freezer where appropriate.
- Wrap baked goods for giving, or assemble cookie trays.
- After the season, note successes, failures and observations on the baking planner, to guide you next year.